Sunday, March 25, 2012

Purple and Black Striped Tips

This is the manicure I was sporting over the majority of my spring break. My nails had finally evened themselves back out after my traumatizing bowling experience where pretty much all of them broke. 

I actually did a manicure like this a little over a year ago, back when my nails were still little nubbins. I really wanted to try doing them on nails that had more tip to work with so I thought I better hurry up and do them before I broke one of my nails or something stupid.




LA Girl - Hustle
LA Colors Art Deco - Black
Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps - Sheer Pink (For my base coat)
Frankened polish. It has some of OPI's Sweetheart poured into clear polish for a fleshy sheer pink color.
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

I started off by putting down my base coat, and then one coat or my frankened polish all over my nail. Then I diagonally painted LA Girl Hustle over the tip of my nail, making sure all of the white was covered. Then I took the striping brush and wiped off the excess polish and kind of did a combination of rolling my nail under the brush and pulling the brush across my nail. I did a stripe across the fleshy/pink part of my nail, a stripe where the purple met the pink, and then a strip midway through the purple. After I gave it a few minutes to start drying I topped it off with  coat of Seche Vite.





I ended up being really happy with how this manicure turned out. It wore really well and only got a noticeable chip on the 6th day I had it on. I got tons and tons of compliments on it and a lot of people thought I got them professionally done/that they were fake. I'm actually replanning on redoing this manicure within the next week or two because I liked it that much (which never ever happens).



No comments:

Post a Comment