Friday, March 16, 2012

Orly Oh Cabana Boy


On Monday I painted my nails this bright pink for when I went to see Feed Me, and I haven't been able to stop staring at my nails since. This nail polish has held up really well, and today (Friday) is the first day that I've noticed any major chips.





I only have a couple pinks in my collection of nail polish, and when FleurDeForce mentioned Orly Oh Cabana Boy in one of her Monthly Favorites I knew I had to get it. It is definitely one of the most eye catching pink's that I've seen and this color gets a lot of compliments.



One of my favorite things about this polish is the blue micro shimmer (which is what sets this nail polish apart from the rest). The only way I could manage to capture the shimmer in this polish was to take a slightly out of focus picture - I would make sure to click to see this one up close. 


My only complaint about this nail polish was that it was pretty sheer. I swatched the nail polish on a nail wheel and from left to right we have one coat, two coats, three coats, and four coats. Most people probably would be ok with just 3 coats of nail polish, but I ended up wearing four coats because I can't stand being able to see a visible nail line. Even in certain lighting with 4 coats sometimes I still can see the nail line, but its probably unnoticeable to everyone else. Despite being bummed about how sheer the formula was, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to build this color up. I didn't experience any streaking after the first coat, and no bubbling even with four coats. Very impressed.


For my manicure I sandwiched Oh Cabana Boy between Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps - Sheer Pink (For my base coat) and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. This combo gave a great high gloss shine that had some people asking me if my nails were real or not - which may have had me beaming with pride. 


Overall I'm really happy with this nail polish and I would highly recommend it if you have the patience to deal with more than 2 coats, because the results are worth it. I know for a fact I'll be wearing this polish a lot on my nails through Spring and Summer.

2 comments:

  1. You must paint my nails when I get back in the udistrict!! We can both blog about it :)

    ReplyDelete