Monday, May 28, 2012

French Manicure

Hey guys - I've been pretty MIA with this blog lately. I've been pretty busy with school and just trying to go out and have fun whenever I have a second. I have a backlog of photos and posts I need to put up but with finals coming up I think a lot of them are going to have to wait. Once summer comes though hopefully I'll have a lot more time to post on here. For the time being I have a quick nail post. Sorry its with crappy cell phone pics but I figure its better than nothing.






I did a quick french manicure the other day because I realized that my nails were almost all even (besides my middle finger on my right hand. Ever since my bowling incident a few months ago that bugger keeps breaking and is pretty much stuck at being down the the quick) It was a little sloppy but I just wanted to test drive having a french manicure.





Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps - Sheer Pink (For my base coat)
Frankened polish. It has some of OPI's Sweetheart poured into clear polish for a fleshy sheer pink color.
Wet N Wild French White Creme
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

French manicures are pretty basic and well known for how to do them. I started with my base coat and then put down a coat of my frankened polish. The main thing with the white was that I kind of rolled my hand underneath the brush instead of just trying to paint the polish on. I found that rolling my hand/nail under the brush made a smoother line. Then I topped it off with Seche Vite.


Overall I really liked the manicure. This was the first time I've ever had a basic french manicure and I liked how clean my nails looked. It felt very summery for some reason and I'm going to go redo my nails the same way after I finish this post for a fresh manicure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment