Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March Favorites




Make Up Forever HD Foundation 120: Usually I just use some sort of powder when I'm feeling fancy, but my skin has been a mess lately. I love the finish of this foundation. It gives me a flawless finish for most of the day, my friend wouldn't even believe me when I told him my face was terribly broken out. Even though it doesn't wear like armor all day long, by the end of the day my redness is still covered up and it wears off evenly. I used this A TON over my spring break and it didn't make me look like a cakeface so I'm happy.

Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20: Honestly I don't think that this concealer matches me quite right. Or it doesn't match my foundation. But its the only concealer I have and I've been using it a ton. It covers up what my foundation doesn't (only acne, I don't use under eye concealer).

E.L.F. Concealer Brush: This makes a world of a difference with how well my concealer works. When I try to just use my finger I feel like I somehow manage to put concealer on the area around my acne but not on the acne itself. I use this to apply the product and then pat it out with my finger.


Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough As Taupe: This is like superglue for eyeshadow. I've been wearing a lot of taupe/neutral and smokey eye looks this month and this pairs great with them. I love how its matte so it doesn't mess with the finish of any of my eyeshadows. 


Maybelline Stylish Smokes - Natural Smokes: I opted to bring this home with me over spring break instead of my Naked Palette and it worked great and took up a lot less room. This palette has everything I need as far as eyeshadows go. It has two shimmery colors work well for lid colors, but I generally opt for the taupe shade. I use the dark brown for my brows and crease, and the cream color for inner corner and brow bone. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - Nude Lustre: Generally I opt for pinks on my lips but with all of the smokey eyes I've been doing this past month I've got a lot of use out of this gloss. Its the perfect color for making my lips look nice without distracting from whatever else is going on my face. This looks good with both a heavy or natural eye look and it never makes me look dead.


got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm: With shorter hair I'm really picky about having my hair SUPER straight. Which means lots of flat ironing, so I picked this up since I haven't had a heat protectant in a while. I don't like the grape syrupy smell, but it doesn't linger for too long once it dries so I can ignore it. This product does a fantastic job at keeping my hair straight all day after I straighten it.


Orly Oh Cabana Boy: Wore this on both my nails and toes and loved it. Such an eye catching color. I know I'll be wearing the crap out of this through spring and summer. 


Vaseline - I've had these annoying cracks in the corner of my mouth for almost a month and could not get them to go away no matter what. I put vaseline on them one night and bam I woke up and they were gone. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. 




Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque - I forgot to include this in the other photo. Since my skin has been so crazy lately, I've been using this a lot. I'll do overnight spot treatments with this to help with developing pimples, but I also probably use this as a full on mask once or twice a week depending on my skin. When I use this frequently I actually notice a difference in the size of the pores on my cheeks/around my nose. This makes your skin feel soooo much better after using it. I recommend this to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment